events and attractions in your neighbourhood
Mandalay isn't just a straight drive up the freeway from Melbourne; it's also on the edge of the Victorian High Country, excitingly and intriguingly close to numerous other attractions and points of interest. It's the perfect location for the perfect escape, within a leisurely country drive of numerous possibilities.
The Beveridge and District Pony Club is just around the corner, for example, as is Wallan and all its attractions. Further afield are:
- The spectacular drive through the Valley of a Thousand Hills
- Some of Victoria's leading wineries and award-winning restaurants
- Goulburn River
- Sailing and water skiing on Lake Nagambie, home to one of Australia's national standard rowing and canoeing venues
- Sky diving, gliding or hot air ballooning
- The magnificent Strathbogie Ranges and surrounding plains, 15 minutes away
- Trail rides, theme parks
- Whittlesea Country Music Festival, Victoriaís premier country music event
- Picturesque eucalypt forests
Mansfield and Mount Buller
- Horse riding, fishing, water skiing, 4WD adventures, hiking and hot air ballooning
- Downhill skiing, cross-country skiing and snowboarding at Australia's largest ski resort
- Historic buildings
Please click here for more information about attractions and entertainment in the local area.
Please click here for information about transport options in the local area.